This recipe comes from my sister’s repertoire. Although I am the one who went to culinary school, she’s the one who cooks with a passion, religiously and deliciously.
Her latest culinary motivation is online cooking competitions and networks where you simply enter recipes onto different webpages and if yours is chosen, you could win thousands of dollars. Sounds better than playing the lottery. Plus, you end up feeding your loved ones along the way with all the recipe testing!
So here we have one of six recipes that she’s entered into the Philly cream cheese page so far. It looks and tastes great – worthy of at least a few thousand if you ask me.
Creamy Corn Filled Tomatoes
- 4 tomatoes, rinsed, seeded and cored
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounce bag frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons seeded and finely chopped jalapeño
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Slice off stem ends. Remove seeds and gently scoop out pulp.
- Sprinkle the cored and seeded tomatoes with salt and place upside down to drain about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Lower heat to low and add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine cheese mixture with corn and jalapeño; spoon into tomato shells.
- Sprinkle parmesan and parsley on top
- Place in a greased baking dish and bake uncovered 25 minutes or until heated through.